We’ve all welcomed the eased travel restrictions and the opening of hotels in Malaysia. But where to go, when we’re spoiled for choice? We’re making it easier for you and selected a few tried-and-tested hotels on the peninsula. They all have great offers which you can’t refuse… If you’re traveling soon with the family: have fun and take all measures necessary for a safe trip.
- Sunway Putra Hotel in Chow Kit has got a ‘Stay 3 and Pay 2’ package where you stay three nights and pay for only two. It is valid until 31 December 2020. For more info, check their website here, or read our review about this hotel.
- Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur in Petaling Jaya has got some good offers for families. How about: Stay 1 Night and Get the 2nd Night at 50% off for any stay in Deluxe Room?! More info here.
- EQ hotel
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur
- Mandarin Oriental Kuala Lumpur
- One World Hotel
- Sheraton Petaling Jaya Hotel
- The Chow Kit
- The Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- The Ritz-Carlton Kuala Lumpur
- The St Regis Kuala Lumpur
- Embun Luxury Villas is a quiet place with eight luxury villas, each with their own pool. Have a look here at their promotions or read our review here.
- Tiarasa Escapes is a peaceful glamping place with 20 luxury tents and five treehouses spread over 7 acres. Enjoy 30% off on your stay till 12 July. Have a look at our review here.
Kuala Kubu Baru
- The Sticks is a great place for glamping with the family. They have a promotion for overnight bookings of two nights or more. Read more here in our review.
- The Majestic Malacca. This historical hotel has got a Residents Package with a daily set breakfast, set lunch and set dinner for two persons, inclusive of complimentary coffee, tea and mineral water served during meal times. Special pricing for children.
- The Rucksack Caratel is a good place for families close to the centre of Melaka. They offer you a 30% discount and free cancelation if you book and stay before 30 November 2020. You can read more here and if you want to know more about this place, our review is here.
- Casa del Rio
- The Westin Desaru Coast Resort. Valid till 14 August: the Escape Adventure Package. This package includes breakfast for two and two single-entry Adventure Waterpark Desaru Coast tickets each stay. Have a look at our review for this hotel here.
- Sand & Sandals Resort & Spa Desaru Beach has got a Secret Deal: all their rooms are discounted and they also offer free upgrades. More info here and you can read our review here.
- Anantara Desaru Coast Resort and Villas, a luxury seaside resort, opens again on 1 July 2020. Have a look at their Re-Opening Special here. Valid for stays between 1 June 2020 and 31 August 2020. Rates from RM741 per room per night.
- Cheong Fatt Tze The Blue Mansion
- Golden Sands Resort Penang in Batu Feringgi has got a Pay 2 Stay 3 offer up till 22 December 2020. Read more info here. We wrote about this place here.
- Hard Rock Hotel Penang has got so many offers… They are all valid till 18 December 2020. We like the ‘Lil Rockers Breakaway’: 3 days / 2 nights accommodation, which includes daily breakfast for a family of four, one extra bed per room, entrance tickets to Entopia, Escape Adventureplay + Waterplay. All this for RM1280++ per room. More info here. Our review here.
- Lone Pine hotel. This boutique hotel had a restoration, infused with the same colonial spirit and idyllic charm. This place by the beach has got deals now from RM280 per night (rooms only). Take a look at our review here.
Tanjong Jara Resort is a four hours drive from KL. They have a Residents Package: daily set breakfast, set lunch and set dinner for two persons, inclusive of complimentary coffee, tea and mineral water served during meal times.
Kuantan / Cherating
- The Hyatt Regency Kuantan is three hours away by car from KL. They offer two nights for RM500 in a standard room, inclusive of breakfast for two adults. The package includes 30% discount off for extra bed for children, 20% discount on dining at Kampung Restaurant and 20% discount on laundry. Book till 31 July 2020 and stay till 31 October 2020. Our review here.
- The Kasturi
- Swiss-Garden Beach Resort has got a ‘Stay Local’ package. Check it out here.
Belum Rainforest Resorts got great discounts on all their rooms from RM 350 per person. Check it out here.
Drive for three hours and you arrive in Lumut. From here, ferries take you to Pangkor Island and Pangkor Laut Resort.
- Tiger Rock is offering Malaysian residents who book directly a 4 night stay for the price of 3 nights. More info here or contact them by email. More about this place in our review here.
- Pangkor Laut Resort offers a Residents Package, which includes a daily set breakfast, set lunch and set dinner for two persons, inclusive of complimentary coffee, tea and mineral water served during meal times, return scheduled speedboat transfers to and from Marina Island Pangkor and a jungle walk with the Resident Naturalist. Child pricing applicable. Read our review here.
Drive 4.5 hours to Kuala Terrenganu, take a ferry and you’re on Pulau Perhentian.
- Bubbles Dive Resort offers now Deluxe Rooms from RM 460. The new SOP requires guests to bring their own snorkel sets. The resort does have some sets for sale, but stock is limited. More info here and if you want to read our review, please click here.
- Tuna Bay Resort has got a 2020 Special Summer Sale: room rates from RM390 with complimentary breakfast. Valid for stays up till 26 october 2020. No weekend or holiday surcharge. Our review here.
The Taaras has got several packages. We like this one, where your journey toll fees are reimbursed. The package is priced at RM1200 nett per person per package (twin sharing), including breakfast, toll fee reimbursement, F&B credit of RM300 per stay and Merang jetty to Redang island transfer. Offer is valid for bookings until 31 December 2020 and stays until 31 March 2021. Our review is here.
Drive 4.5 hours to Mersing and take a ferry from here to pulau Sibu.
Sea Gypsy Village Resort offers a 5 nights package with one additional night free of charge, plus a 10% discount on all Bar & Shop prices when your stay is 6 nights or longer! You also get one free discover scuba dive (DSD). Read our review here, if you want to know more about this place.
- Aloft Langkawi Pantai Tengah has got a Family Retreat Package. Enjoy a room inclusive of breakfast for two adults and two children. Kids can now enjoy their meals for free at Aloft Langkawi Pantai Tengah! Book before 30 June 2020 for stays up to 31 May 2021. Have a look at our review here.
- Berjaya Hotel Langkawi has got a ‘For You Malaysia’ package from RM 210 per room per night and gives 58% discount on the best available rates. Our review is here. Book and stay until 21 December 2020.
- The Danna
- Cameron Highlands Resort has got a Residents Package with a daily set breakfast, set lunch and set dinner for two persons, inclusive of complimentary coffee, tea and mineral water served during meal times. Also included: the Jim Thompson Mystery Trail with our Resident Naturalist. Child pricing applicable.
- The Strawberry Park Resort is offering complimentary breakfasts and a RM50 F&B voucher for stays till 31 August. Rooms from RM188 nett. Our review here.
Last but not least
- All hotels in this article have got more interesting packages and deals than we can mention on this page. Make sure to check out the other promos too!
- Check with the individual hotels about their SOPs for their restaurants, pool area, rooms and kids clubs.
- The Malaysian Government has announced the removal of 6% SST, effective from 1 March 2020 until 31 August 2020. More info here. Same rule applies to the RM10 Tourism tax (payable by non-Malaysian) till 30 June 2021. Do check with the individual hotels. If the taxes appear on your bill when you check out, you could question them about this.