Chinese New Year may feel a little different this year, so we’re here to help you bring that festive cheer to your home instead. Give the kids some chopsticks and toss that Yee Sang salad high up in the air… What a great way to celebrate the start of the Year of the Ox!
Yee Sang is symbolic of good luck, prosperity, health and all things ox-picious. The higher you toss the salad, the more luck you will bring upon your family.
Where to order for delivery or takeaway? Have a look at our listicle! We’ve not only listed Yee Sang sets, but of course other CNY dishes as well that are available for ordering now. Have a look and if you can’t make up your mind: most venues have got their fabulous foods available until the last day of the month.
- Agrain Grocer at Jalan P. Ramlee in Chinatown sells affordable family sized Yee Sang, individual portions and they’ve got a vegetarian option as well. You can order here.
- B.I.G‘s Prosperity Salmon Yee Sang looks delicious. There is a butcher menu and a CNY Seafood Menu as well. To order -three days in advance- please view here.
Grand Hyatt KL
All Yee Sang sets, hampers and set menus are available till 26 February for delivery or self collection. Have a look here. Call the hotel at 03 2182 1234 or email them here.
The St. Regis Kuala Lumpur
This hotel in Kuala Lumpur Sentral can deliver a festive CNY meal on your doorstep. Prosperity Yee Sang sets available, starting at RM108+ for the vegetarian version. Their Reunion Box features signature dishes from the Chinese New Year menu. It is priced at RM448+ and serves up to four persons. Ordering is easy: just click on the ‘order now‘ button on their FB page.
New World Petaling Jaya Hotel
The restaurant in this hotel in Kelana Jaya makes four different types of Yee Sang platters and other takeaways that are ideal as gifts or for celebrations at home. You can order until 28 February 2021. Or how about Poon Choi, a traditional Hakka delicacy layered with fresh vegetables, succulent meat and seafood along with gravy. For an afternoon tea, have a look at their ‘Afternoon Prosperi-Tea’. Their order form is here.
You can also call them on 010 2163 810 or 012 3909 949 or email them here to place your order.
Located in Bukit Bintang, you can order here for their Unity Yee Sang, Poon Choi, Chinese New Year Set Menus, Cheese Platters with Crackers or Fruits and Á La Carte Local Delights. For more info, you can call 03 2773 8495 or 012 3051 715.
Auspicious Hampers are available at this hotel in three varieties and prices range between RM688 – 1388. The Signature Chinese New Year Pralines are available for purchase at RM88 nett per box of nine pieces. Several Yee Sang sets are available, starting at RM108. Set menus with variants including the Great Prosperity Set priced at RM990 nett per set, suitable for five persons.
To view their online store and to order, have a look at their website here. For inquiries, kindly call 03 2074 3900 or WhatsApp 019 3902 257.
Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Set menus start at RM538 for 2 – 4 pax. They also sell gift sets and Yee Sang sets with Smoky Grilled Wagyu Slices and Crispy Rice, Tossed Peach Gum, Almond and Snow Crab. Sounds delicious! Priced at RM128 nett for a half portion and RM316 nett for a whole portion. Their Chinese New Year Take-Away Set Menu (6 courses) is priced at RM538 (for 2 – 4 pax).
For further enquiries or reservations, please call 03 2264 2264, email the hotel here, or visit their website here.
- Grand Imperial Group has got five outlets in KL. To order their CNY set menus and Yee Sang, view here.
- Madam Kwan’s for abalone and salmon Yee Sang. More info here.
- Oriental Group has got a Miyazaki Wagyu Beef Yee Sang which looks great. The Triple Wealth, Health & Happiness set contains a Large Soft Shell Crab Yee Sang and goes for RM398 nett. Whatsapp to order at 012 754 4796. More info here.
- The Oversea Group packs up their Yee Sang in a special gift box, in case you want to surprise someone! View other items on their menu here.
- Super Dining Group for abalone and scallop Yee Sang from their Rakuzen, Notoya and Kura restaurants. More info here.
- Tai Thong Group got a nice salmon Yee Sang and a vegetarian version as well. More info here.
- Restaurant Chan Meng Kee, also at Da Men Mall USJ, for Malaysian-Chinese style dishes. Famous for their barbeque pork recipe. More info here.
- Delicious Yee Sang at Lammeeya Xiao Lao Wang, also at Da Men Mall, USJ. With jellyfish, crispy fish skin and purple sweet potato. More info here.
- In Colonial Restaurant, also at the Intermark Mall, has got a menu designed to showcase oriental dishes with a touch of British influence. To order their CNY dishes, view here.
- Al Amber Chinese Muslim Restaurant at Pavilion KL, for salmon Yee Sang and treasure pot dishes. Halal Chinese cuisine from Northern China. More info here.
- Gooddamco Italian restaurant in Section 19, Petaling Jaya, cooks up a Prosperity Yee Sang with poached lobster in butter… Sounds good! More info here. WhatsApp 010 766 9708 to order.
- Kampung Dining is all about Nyonya food and is located in Section 17, Petaling Jaya. They’re selling a special Nyonya Yee Sang. See their menu here or order here.
- Li’s Yee Sang Set from Li’s restaurant is pleasantly priced at RM80. WhatsApp to 011 2366 5358 for orders. Located in Damansara Jaya.
- Table & Apron in SS20. No neon-green pickles or glow-in-the-dark pickles in their Yee Sang! Call them on 03 7733 4000, Whatsapp to 018 3235 146 or order online here.
- The Fat Fish in Mont Kiara sells Yee Sang for RM88 (small, for 4-5pax) and for RM138 (big for 6-8pax). Order here.
Yee Sang is best kept in the fridge and should be consumed within 24 hours of receipt. Lo Hei! Happy Chinese New Year!