‘Tis the season of giving – and what better gift could there be than one which lasts a lifetime and helps a student build key skills, discover new passions & experience the world of work? Even better, the benefits of an internship programme work both ways! Not only can you reward a student with valuable work experience – you will also enjoy many benefits too.
Why an internship is the gift that keeps on giving!
Garden International School’s Summer Internship Programme, THRIVE, is designed to benefit both its students and the companies it partners with. Unique to Malaysia, the 4-week programme offers talented Year 12 students the chance to learn and grow through a ‘real world’ internship each summer. The placements normally take place in or around Kuala Lumpur, across a diverse range of organisations that include the city’s best hospitals, global advertising agencies, financial and legal institutions, start-up’s, NGOs and well known conglomerates. Over the last two years, GIS students have had the opportunity to develop ‘real world’ knowledge and skills with 25 outstanding companies. The programme has been such a success that the number of students taking part in THRIVE 2020 has tripled! As a result, GIS is looking for new companies to help provide even more exciting internship opportunities.
How can your company benefit from THRIVE?
- Gain valuable exposure – build community awareness and benefit from young brand advocates
- Enjoy fresh insights into social media and new digital technologies
- Benefit from the professional development benefits of mentoring
- Make the most of extra help with projects that could benefit from a dedicated pair of hands
Of course, there are also the immeasurable rewards that come with supporting and nurturing talented, passionate young people at the very beginning of their professional journeys.
The THRIVE benefits for students
- 4 weeks of work experience in their area of passion (normally connected to their intended undergraduate studies)
- Build a valuable professional portfolio.
- Enjoy the opportunity to collaborate and problem-solve with experienced industry professionals
- Gain the chance to apply skills and knowledge within an authentic environment
- Experience the realities of day-to-day working life.
- Develop professional connections with companies that may open up future opportunities for collaboration and professional advancement
So, if you’re feeling generous this season and think you could offer a talented student an internship – GIS would love to hear from you! We’re looking for Summer 2020 internships across a wide range of professional fields.
Or why not join one of our Free Parent Workshops or Music Events?
JOIN OUR EVENTS:
Musical: ‘The Little Mermaid’
Date & Time: Saturday 30th November at 1pm OR Wednesday 4th December at 7pm
Location: Grand Hall, GIS Main Campus
Parent Workshop: ‘Communication & Language’
Date & Time: Tuesday 26th November
Location: GIS Early Years Centre
Parent Workshop: ‘How to Choose a Great Book’
Date & Time: Wednesday 4th December, 8 – 9.30am
Location: GIS Main Campus, 6th Floor
Community Event: GIS Christmas Concert & Festive Bazaar
Date & Time: Tuesday 10th December, 4 – 7pm (Concert from 5 – 6pm)
Location: GIS Grand Hall, Main Campus
Discover more of GIS on
This post is written and sponsored by GIS