Kuala Lumpur is buzzing with Christmas events suitable for the whole family. Christmas in Malaysia for many means going to the malls – as expected – but there are a few other options to get into that Christmas spirit. We will list all family-friendly Christmas events here, bookmark this page!
Christmas parties for kids
- The Royal Selangor Golf Club’s Children Christmas Party 8 December, 2pm. Full details here.
- Christmas party at Maths Masterminds at Sri Hartamas, 8 December, 10.30am. More info here.
- Rocket Rangers Children’s Christmas Party at Sunway Nexis, 8 December, 10am. Details here.
- Fun Factory’s Very Merry Anniversary party on Saturday, 21 December 2019, 12pm-8pm. Details here.
- Jungle Gym at Atria Shopping Gallery has a Christmas Carnival 13-25 December: Christmas art & crafts, dancing, Santa sweet treats, puppet show & more. See details here.
- Christmas party at Gymboree Sunway Velocity, 22 December, 4-5.30pm. Details here.
Christmas concerts and shows in KL
- A Christmas Carol at Plaza Arkadia playground, Desa ParkCity, 22 December 8PM. Story of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol for families with kids age 2 and above. Storytelling, caroling, a song performance by Gloria Musica school of music, gift exchange and Christmas party. Details here.
- The Great British Circus on ice at MATIC. Scehdules and prices here.
Christmas events at malls in KL
- A Starry Christmas at Pavilion KL: Pavilion’s Christmas decoration is legendary and there are events, performance and of course a chance to meet Santa. All details can be found here. Caroling on the weekends – dates here.
- 1MK’s Candy Wonderland has Santa Meet and Greets, Frozen characters, shows and more. More details here.
- Central market has plenty to do: workshops and Santa appearances. Details here.
- Bangsar Shopping Centre has turned into a scene of the Nutcracker. Musical performances, workshops and more. Details here.
- Holiday Activities at Bangsar Village include caroling and gingerbread decorating during December weekends.
- Publika will bring you Snowy Land with polar bears, Santa and penguins. Of a special interest is the Santa’s letter station on 7-8 / 13-15 / 20-26 December. More info here.
- Desa ParkCity: Santa meet-ups and storytelling at the Waterfront, check times here.
- Suria KLCC: Suria KLCC’s Christmas has a marching band, carols, Santa and more. All details will be updated here.
- Great Eastern Mall: Meet and greet Santa, listen to carols and enjoy performances at Great Eastern Mall. Schedules here.
- Starling Mall: Enchanted Christmas includes Santa meet-ups, elves, carols and musical performances.
- Sunway Putra Mall: Workshops every weekend at 2pm and they even have fake snow… Santa and carolers are here too!
- DC mall has workshops and Santa walkabouts – schedules here.
- TGV Cinemas have Christmas themed activities every weekend until Christmas (at Cheras Selatan, Sunway Pyramid, 1 Utama, SetiaWalk and Sunway Velocity) – more info here.
- 1 Utama Shopping Centre has got a Whimsical Woodlands skating rink till 1 January 2020.
- The Gardens Mall: An array of shows including a musical trio “The Christmas Three”, dance performance by “The Snow Queen”, Santa & Ms Claus Meet & Greet and “The Wandering Magician” – details and schedules here.
- Berjaya Times Square Kuala Lumpur: Workshops for kids on the weekends. More info here.
- Mytown shopping centre: Meet Santa and musical performances. Details here.
- IPC: Tomte meet & greets, workshops and performances. Details here.
- Family and Friends Christmas joy at Kidzania on 21 December. Role-play for kids and adults with great prizes to be won.
- Workshops and more at Hartamas Shopping Centre – more info here.
- Holiday themed messy play 7 December, 4pm at Baby Sensory Sri Hartamas. More info here.
- Christmas ornaments workshops for kids aged 2-4 at Mini and the Moments in Desa Parkcity on 17 and 20 December. More info here.
- Art Genius December Workshops 28 November – 29 December for kids aged 5-12. Jalan Genting Klang. Registration and fees apply – info here.