Are you struggling to get your tweens off their screens, but after a week at work you are lacking the imagination to decide what to do and the energy to travel too far? The nearby Amverton Cove Golf & Island Resort might be the answer to your prayers!
Based in Klang Valley, Amverton Cove is perfect for a family who either get easy bored or are massively indecisive when they have to all agree on what they want – as it has something for everyone. As well as the usual hotel amenities like a pool, it is a short walk from an adventure park which offers ziplines and slides, as well as paintballing, archery and ATVs.
There is also a fair-sized water park, golf course, boating lake and a pets corner on the doorstep or a short buggy or boat ride away. Sadly, these are not all included in the price of the hotel room, but they do offer packages with discounts for some of these activities.
Top tips for a successful trip:
- Check the resort’s website for all the packages they offer and work out which best suits your family. Don’t like me embarrass yourself complaining that you hadn’t received everything included in your package when you had actual booked a different deal.
- We chose the Riverine Survival package. There is another package that offers a boat trip to the pets corner and archery instead.
- Check in time at Amverton Cove is 3pm, but you can get there earlier, and enjoy the activities in and around the hotel.
- The water park which is a stone’s throw from Amverton Cove opens at 10am. I would recommend you get there early, as queues were starting to build up for the rides by 11am.
- You are limited as to where you can eat during your stay. We enjoyed the breakfast at Carey’s diner due to the wide variety of food on offer, but definitely didn’t get our monies worth from the evening buffet. We looked enviously at the food being wheeled up for room service, that was cheaper and appeared more mouth-watering than the cold congealed spaghetti gracing our plates.
Our Riverine Survival package offered a one-night stay for a family of four including breakfast, a picnic, free tickets to the adventure playground and discount tickets to the water park, one ride on a kid’s sized ATV and two bags of pet food. Rates start from RM550. We paid an extra RM100, as there is a supplement for weekends and public holidays.
For more information or to book a stay at Amverton Cove Golf & Island Resort visit their website here.
Looking for more quick getaways from KL with the family? Have a look at our listicle here!