We’ve got good news for all parents: there will be no more sleepless nights over the how and where of your child’s birthday party! Our team of writers are sharing their best ideas for your child’s next birthday – with minimum parental involvement.
Have a look at the best party venues and more in the Klang Valley. Great venues, delicious cakes, awesome party bags, all you need for the best party ever.
Venues which make you smile
- Marmalade at Bangsar Village II. Plus point is the healthy food they serve for both the children and the adults. There is a play area as well.
- Bakebe in Publika, for baking classes for young and older kids.
- Jungle gym at Atria or Bangsar Shopping Centre. More info here on their FB page.
- Kids Nation at 163 Retail Park in Mont Kiara for art & craft and sensory play activities. More info here.
- Space Joe Playland at 1MK, Mont Kiara. More info here on their FB page.
- Jungle School birthday party with Tatana Roots at Taman Tugu. More info here.
- Pampering sessions for mani and pedi, and kids spa at Jac & Ivy at Plaza Damas or at 176 Avenue in Bangsar. More info here on their website. Both places have packages and areas specifically set up for kids. Our review here for Jac & Ivy.
- If your kids are crazy about fire hoses and big red trucks, then this is the party for them! A lot of fire stations in the Klang valley are hosting parties for kids. The popular ones are at Sri Hartamas, TTDI, and Shah Alam. The fire men will hold a safety talk, you get to ride in the fire truck, and then kids need to put on bathers when they spray you with the fire hose! You pay a little donation for the fire department sports club to do this it’s very nominal. More info here.
- Batik workshops at The Batik Boutique at the Row, 62 -1 Jalan Doraisamy, Kuala Lumpur. Children can design their own book covers. They draw their own covers, which are then drawn over with wax by a staff member, and then handed back to the children to be painted in. This is great as each child goes home with not only their own bespoke book, but it was also their party favour! Have a look here at our review for The Batik Boutique’s workshops.
- Science Bridge Academy at The School at Jaya One, PJ. Great as each child gets hands-on experience. Wonderful and exciting way to introduce them to science. More info here.
- First Traxx. The kids get a fun work-out! For most kids, this is about trying something new. Perfectly safe with the guidance of the instructors on hand. Have a look here for our review.
- NextGen Theme Park in 1 Utama shopping centre. Lots of party packages and kids have heaps of fun running and climbing around the whole day. Have a look here at our review!
- Jump Street Trampoline Park in PJ is guaranteed fun for kids of various ages. Have a look at our review here.
- VAR Live at MyTown shopping centre in Cheras, for a virtual reality inspired party. Have a look at our review here.
- Amped trampoline park. Have a look here at our review.
- Nerf gun parties by Blaster Attack Malaysia, more info on their FB page here.
- Dinner and playing in the pool at restaurant Out of Africa in PJ, have a look here for our review.
- Dining at Le Petit Chef (our review here) and then a sleepover at the Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur. A hotel sleepover means you don’t have to find the extra beds, tidy up afterwards and provide breakfast to cater for all needs!
- Carting in Shah Alam at Aylezo Speedzone. Our review here.
- Segway tours in Lake Gardens and Putrajaya. More in our review here.
- Laser Battle at Berjaya Times Square or at Tropicana Gardens mall. More info here.
Dress it down
- How about throwing a simple and super relaxed party in a park? Have a look here at our article for ideas!
- Lasty but not least, how about a fun pool party with some pool toys and water guns? You don’t even have to organise much, as children just organise themselves. And how about renting an inflatable slide? Have a look here at our article for more ideas.
Party bag ideas
- For loads of party bag goods, simply order from Lazada or Shopee or have a look at Daiso.
- Star enterprise in TTDI at 112 & 114, Jalan Burhanuddin Helmi, for party goods, masks, some dress up items, and stationary.
- Better to buy one bigger item than lots of smaller ones. If your kid’s birthday is in December, buy gingerbread houses from IKEA to decorate and chocolate advent calendars. For March and April babies, buy chocolate Easter eggs. Have a look here at our article for more party bags ideas!
- Paisley petals cakes. More info here on her Insta page.
- Fat Boy Bakes for rustic homemade cakes. More info here.
- Vanilla Pods by Kim for cake. More here on her Insta page.
Need more inspiration? Have a look at our cakes listicle here.
Fun party tools
Atom & the Dot is a pioneer in hands-on subscription boxes in Malaysia. Each box is filled with materials and instructions for arts and science inspired activities and experiments.