We’re spoilt for choice here in KL, if we want to take the kids out for dinner. There are so many great places in this city! With a 50thbirthday to celebrate in the family, we wanted something special though and decided on Whimsy as our party venue. Organised by TwoSpicy Entertainment, Whimsy takes you into a world created by 360-degree digital projection technology.
Roman temples and space cadets
Our party of seven (five adults and two children) arrived promptly at 6 pm at the dining venue, conveniently located in the centre of town. Before our dining experience, we were invited into the comfortable lounge for a drink. The anticipation was building up…
Finally, we were ushered into the dining space. It was about time: both kids and adults were overexcited already. We stepped into a place that looked like a Roman temple, covered in gold. Or did it look more like a French renaissance palace with a party going on in full swing? I didn’t know. But magical it was.
“Mum, your mouth. It’s open,” frowns my 11-year-old daughter. I can’t help it; this place is jaw-droppingly fantastic. Next thing I know, we float in space, cuddle up next to birds in a giant tree, swim in a blue ocean with giant whales and play the main act in an exotic carnival. And we did all this in just 90 minutes!
Food, glorious food
The amazing surroundings almost made me forget about the food. Almost. There was no way the food could go unnoticed. The presentation alone made my jaw drop once again. The food is super Delicious, yes that’s right, with a capital D. My personal favorite was the scallop dish, superbly presented and like all other courses of the menu, perfectly fitting into our ocean underwater scenery.
What made the dining experience even more fun, were the interactive iPads in between courses. The kids especially loved the last activity, when we could draw anything we wanted on our own wishing balloons by using an iPad. What would you wish for?
If you would like to dine at Whimsy, you can make a booking through their website. You can find all other kind of information here as well.
Good to know
- If your kids are picky eaters, this restaurant may not be for them. The restaurant serves a set menu only and kid-friendly food choices are not part of that.
- Whimsy caters for kids from seven years old and up. A 90-minute dining experience might be a tad too long for some young children.
- There is one table only, which seats 10 people. All guests sit together.
- A 5-course meal costs RM299 (Golden Journey) and RM499 (Platinum Journey). The menu is pork free.
- Whimsy offers two sessions for dinner on weekdays and three sessions during weekends.
Our dinner was partly sponsored by Whimsy. As always, our opinion is honest and our own!